Advanced Training Course 2017
Call for application
"Deployment of renewable energy solutions: challenges and opportunities"
Advanced Training Course
Milan, 6-17 November 2017
Renewable Energy Solutions for the Mediterranean and Africa in partnership with Enel Foundation and in collaboration with Politecnico di Milano, organize the two weeks advanced training course with a view at the challenges "Deployment of renewable energy solutions: challenges and opportunities".
The yearly training course, in its 4th edition, aims at providing participants with a set of technical, economic and regulatory core competences and advanced tools to assess and deploy the most appropriate solutions in different energy contexts for an efficient and effective integration of renewables in emerging electricity markets, whilst nurturing an international network of experts.
The course is addressed primarily to high-achieving individuals able to shape and deploy the future of energy systems in the Africa Region. The course will be held in English.
- RES4MED Network 35 High-achieving individuals coming from Sub-Saharan Africa and SEMCs. Places are available for open registration. The selected participants will be awarded the Enel Foundation Scholarship. that will cover tuition fee, travel and accommodation costs.
- RES4MED members 10 professionals from (RES4Med Registration).
- Italian Universities 10 Ph.D. or MD students and Researchers – (Free Registration).
- Open Enrolment 15 professionals from International institutions or companies - (Full Open Registration).
RES4MED promotes a balanced gender mix in the selection of participants, therefore high significance is given to the attendance of women.
|SUPPORT SCHEME and COSTS||Beneficiary||Covering costs and items|
|Full scholarship (RES4MED)||35 SEMCs and Sub-Saharan African middle managers||Flights, accommodation, board, transportation, class lectures, laboratories and plant visits|
(Cost: 1000 Euro)
|10 Professionals from RES4MED member network||Class lectures, laboratories and plant visits (including transportation)|
|Full Open Registration
(Cost: 2000 Euro)
|15 Professionals from external institutions or companies||Class lectures, laboratories and plant visits (including transportation)|
(PhD and MD students)
|10 Ph.D. and researchers from Italian universities||Lectures, laboratories and plant visits (including transportation)|
Application procedure and screening of candidates
High-achieving individuals from SEMCs and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Middle managers from public institutions, national authorities, energy companies, energy and implementing agencies, research institutes, TSOs, DSOs, research institutions and civil society organizations with a seniority between three and six years in the energy field and good knowledge of English.
A Selection Committee composed by Enel Foundation, Res4med and Politecnico of Milano will over-see the process and perform final selection of 35 candidates no later than sept 8th.
The evaluation of applicants will be completed on the basis of:
- Registration form properly completed, mandatory (please fill the Registration Form model in the Documents section of this web page and send to firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto: email@example.com)
- Curriculum Vitae, mandatory (.doc or .pdf, to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Motivation Letter, mandatory (.doc or .pdf, to email@example.com)
- At least one letter of references (.doc or .pdf, to firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Selection Committee will finalize is decision by Sept 8th in order to give Enel Foundation the time to follow internal procedures with/by its compliance officer, official approval will be given by September 16th and RES4MED will send out an e-mail confirming admission to the Course. Selected applicants will then have to confirm attendance by September 21st.
Relevant dates for participants:
- Submission deadline: by August 30th 2017;
- Notification of admitted attendees: by September 16th;
- Confirmation by admitted applicants: by September 21st
The course foresees lectures on the main technical, regulatory and economics features of electricity markets and associated topics given by qualified international experts, academics and highly skilled technicians and foresees energy sites visits and relevant technical explanations, to innovative laboratories and to renewable power plants. The economics lectures of the course will last two days and will be held at Università Luigi Bocconi.
The training is structured to favor the exchange of experiences among participants by means of their direct involvement through fruitful interaction in group study activities and communal site visits.
The Advanced Training Course encourages participants to explore multidisciplinary approaches covering technical, economic and regulatory topics mainly integrating:
- theoretical and academic sessions;
- market perspective and industrial view.
Duration and location
The training course will last two weeks (starting November 6th, 2017) and will take place at the Politecnico di Milano, at the Bocconi University, at CESI Headquarter and at the Joint Research Centre of Ispra.
A certificate of attendance will be released at the end of the course.
All requested documents for registration need to be provided in English.